Are you struggling with the flickering screen issue on your Windows 10 computer? Don’t have any idea what to do to eliminate the problem? However, all the Windows devices work fine most of the time. Still, as nothing can be perfect all the time, you might face some issues. There are many great computing options included in Windows 10 OS that you can easily access for performing any computing task on your device. The flickering screen issue is also common that anyone can face while using any of their devices. And if you are experiencing the exact situation with your Windows 10 computer, there is no need to worry. We know how the following issue can be pretty frustrating for anyone. And that is the reason we are here with this guide.
If you are a new user of a Windows device, you might be wondering how you can fix the flickering screen issue. And if that is your concern, we suggest that you go through this entire post. The following guide will provide you with some easy tricks you can try to eliminate the flickering screen issue arising on your Windows 10 computer system. So, please follow this entire post to get the methods.
There might be multiple reasons due to which anyone can face the issue of the flickering screen occurring on their Windows 10 device. One of the main reasons that might cause this problem is the incompatible application or display drivers running on your device. And according to some users, the screen starts to flicker after they install the updates on their Windows 10 devices.
Whatever the reasons are responsible for the problem, you will be able to resolve it by trying some simple troubleshooting methods that we are going to mention here. In some cases, simply turning off and on the device fixes the issues for most users. But if you have already tried that too and the problem is still bothering you, please go on and try the techniques mentioned below. All the mentioned tricks are quick and easy to follow for anyone.
As mentioned earlier, the flickering screen issue can occur due to multiple reasons. So, before you get to the solutions, it would be best to find out the real cause of the problem. Here’s how to do so:
- Firstly, you will open Task Manager on your Windows 10 computer. You can do so by right-clicking on the taskbar and then clicking on the option of “Taskbar.”
- Alternatively, you can use a shortcut key for this purpose, which is “Ctrl +Shift + Esc.”
- And when a new window appears on your screen, pay attention and see if the task manager screen flickers.
- If you see everything on your screen is flickering and the task manager doesn’t, that means there is an incompatible application installed on your computer because of which you are struggling with the problem.
- And if the task manager is also flickering, then the problem is with the graphics drivers.
- And once you find out what causes the flickering screen issue on your Windows 10 computer, you can try the methods below to tackle the problem.
To uninstall the incompatible applications installed on your Windows 10 computer, make sure you follow all the steps mentioned below:
- To get started, you will first need to go to the Settings window on your computer. You will be able to do so by going to the Start menu and clicking on the gear icon.
- Otherwise, you can press the “Windows + I” keys on your keyboard to get to the main window.
- And when the Settings window appears on your screen, you will have to click on the “System” option.
- Next, you will need to select the “Apps and Features” option appearing on the right side of the window.
- You will now see the list of the applications installed on your Windows 10 computer.
- Select the application you feel is causing the problem, and click on the “Uninstall” option.
- Click the “Uninstall” button again to uninstall the program. And now, check if this fixes the flickering screen issue or not.
Here is another method you can try to eliminate the flickering screen issue arising on your Windows 10 computer:
- To initiate the task, you will first have to remove your current video driver while your computer is in safe mode. And then, you will have to reinstall the latest video driver update.
- To start your computer in safe mode, you will first open the Settings app by pressing the “Windows + I” keys on your keyboard.
- After the Settings window shows up, you will click the option of “Update and Security.”
- Next, click on the “Recovery” option, after which you will get to the Advanced Startup section.
- Proceed further by clicking on “Restart Now.” Afterward, click on the “Troubleshoot” option and then select “Advanced Options.”
- Click on the “Startup Settings” section, and then hit the “Restart” button.
- After your computer restarts, click the “Enable Safe Mode” option, and then you will uninstall your video card driver.
- To uninstall the driver, go to the Power User menu and select the option of “Device Manager.”
- After this, go to the “Device Adaptors” section and expand the menu.
- And now, you will right-click on the adapter and select the “Uninstall” option.
- At last, click on the “Delete the driver software for this device” check box and hit the “Ok” button to confirm your action. Restart your machine and reinstall the video drivers.
So, these were the two simple tricks you should try to fix the flickering screen issue on your Windows 10 computer. Also, share this informative post with your friends. And to read more guides like this, please get to our website.
Visit: Mcafee login